The Fellini Award
BlueCat’s Fellini Award is part of our effort to seek alternative cinematic perspectives and to foster better working relationships with the international filmmaking community. Any writer who resides outside of the United States and submits a screenplay (Feature, Pilot or Short) is eligible for The Fellini Award. The award comes with a cash prize of $5,000 (USD).
Fellini Award Eligibility Information
- All entries must be submitted in English.
- Feature screenplays must be between 65-125 pages in length.
- Hour Pilot scripts must be between 45-75 pages.
- Half-hour Pilot scripts must be between 20-60 pages in length.
- Short screenplays must be between 1-29 pages in length.
- All submissions must be original, and the sole property of the applicant.
Please visit here for a full list of eligibility requirements.
Fellini Award Contest Deadlines
- Early Deadline: September 30th, 2018. Feature Screenplay $50, Pilot (Hour) $45, Pilot (Half-Hour) $40, Short Script $35, Short Film $35.
- Regular Deadline: November 15th, 2018. Feature Screenplay $60, Pilot (Hour) $55, Pilot (Half-Hour) $50, Short Script $45, Short Film $45.
- Final Deadline: December 16th, 2018. Feature Screenplay $70, Pilot (Hour) $65, Pilot (Half-Hour) $60, Short Script $55, Short Film $55.
- Late Deadline: January 20th, 2019. Feature Screenplay $80, Pilot (Hour) $75, Pilot (Half-Hour) $70, Short Script $65, Short Film $65.
Federico Fellini was one of the greatest screenwriters and filmmakers in cinematic history. With early beginnings in Italian neorealism, Fellini quickly developed his own style that captured the ethical ambiguity of living in the modern world. The beauty and honesty of his writing choices inspire writers to reach beyond what is safe and predictable.