One Day to 2015 Early Deadline
Now accepting Feature length and Short screenplays
EARLY DEADLINE: JUNE 15TH
*All submissions received by Midnight PDT will receive one page script analysis by July 1st.
Every year, BlueCat provides a community for the unknown screenwriter to develop their work, giving undiscovered talent a path to professional success.
$15,000 Grand Prize
$10,000 Grand Prize
Best Feature Screenplay from the UK
Best Feature Screenplay from outside the USA, Canada or the UK
Best Feature Screenplay from India
Three Winners: $250 each
All screenplays entered by August 1 are eligible
Recent achievements by BlueCat Alumni include:
- 2007 BlueCat Winner Ana Lily Amipour’s debut feature, “A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night,” was produced by Elijah Wood and premiered at the 2014 Sundance Film Festival. It will be distributed by Kino Lorber (Oldboy, Manuscripts Don’t Burn) nationwide in Fall 2014. She is currently teaming up with Megan Ellison’s Annapurna Pictures for her sophomore feature film THE BAD BATCH.
- BlueCat Finalist Aaron Guzikowski’s #1 Film “Prisoners,” (Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Melissa Leo) was released in September 2013 through Warner Brothers. Guzikowski is also the creator of “The Red Road,” (Martin Henderson, Jason Momoa, Julianne Nicholson) which is SundanceTV’s second scripted original series. He was recently hired to scribe Universal’s upcoming THE WOLFMAN.
- 2014 BlueCat Winner HF Crum has signed with manager Michelle Knudsen at MXN. Knudsen co-produced Jason Bateman’s “Bad Words” and also represents screenwriting team Yana Gorskaya & Maia Rossini, who are currently writing a film for FOX and director Paul Feig. Crum’s “3 Faces of Hunger & Thirst” won Best Feature Screenplay at the 2014 Slamdance Screenplay Competition.
- 2014 BlueCat Joplin Award Winner Savion Einstein has been named as one of six fellows to the 2014 Black List Lab and will be mentored by Jessica Bendinger (Bring it On, Stick It), Max Borenstein (Godzilla, Seventh Son), Jesse Wigutow (It Runs in the Family, The Prince) and Scott Myers (K-9, Alaska).
- 2006 BlueCat Winner Young Il Kim’s script, “Rodham,” attached director James Ponsoldt (The Spectacular Now) after having been on the 2012 Black List. Young recently won the 2013 Alfred P. Sloan Commissioning Grant from Sundance, and is currently writing a biopic on Stephen Hawking.
For full competition details, please visit the Rules & Guidelines and FAQ.
Subscribe to our Newsletter for upcoming Announcements, Workshop Dates and Deadline notifications.