2014 Call For Feature Screenplays
This year, BlueCat is excited to announce we’ve raised our cash prize for the Winner of the Feature competition to $15,000, with four Finalists receiving $2500 each.
All entrants who submit a feature screenplay will receive TWO written analyses.
Entry fee is $55. After June 15th, the fee will increase to $60.
All Feature screenplays entered by June 15th will receive their feedback by July 1st.
All screenplays entered by July 1st will receive their feedback by July 15th.
Best Feature Screenplay
$15,000 Grand Prize
Best Short Screenplay
$10,000 Grand Prize
The Cordelia Award
Best Feature Screenplay from the UK
The Joplin Award
Best Feature Screenplay from outside the USA, Canada or the UK
Movie Title Contest: Three Winners $250 each
All screenplays entered by August 1 are eligible
Recent achievements by BlueCat Alumni include:
- Young Il Kim’s script, “Rodham”, a 2012 Blacklist Script, recently attached director James Ponsoldt (“The Spectacular Now”). Young recently won the 2013 Alfred P. Sloan Commissioning Grant from Sundance, where he will write a biopic on Stephen Hawking.
- Elijah Wood produced Ana Lily Amirpour’s “A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night”, set for release in late 2013.
- Aaron Guzikowski’s “Prisoners”, starring Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal and Melissa Leo, will be released September 2013. The Sundance Channel recently bought Aaron’s TV pilot, “The Descendents”, making it their second scripted show after “Rectify.”
- Ashleigh Powell sold her script, “SomaCell”, to Warner Brothers, with David Goyer attached to produce.
- “SomaCell”, along with “Rodham”, were two 2012 Blacklist Scripts written by BlueCat Alumni.