Short Film Festival Rules & Guidelines
- Finalists will have their short film screened at the Landmark Theatre in Los Angeles on April 30th, 2019.
- We will announce the winners at the end of the festival for the following categories:
- Best Short
- Best Director
- Best Script
- Best Performance
- 5-10 films will be chosen as finalists.
- Selections will be announced by March 1st, 2019.
Submission Deadlines & Fees
- Early Deadline: September 30th, 2018. Entry Fee $35.
- Regular Deadline: November 15th, 2018. Entry Fee $45.
- Final Deadline: December 16th, 2018. Entry Fee $55.
- Late Deadline: February 3rd, 2019. Entry Fee $65.
- All submissions must be original, and the sole property of the applicant(s).
- All ages are eligible.
- Must be in English or must provide English subtitles.
- Submissions must be between 1-50 minutes.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit.
- You may submit a short film once. You may not submit the same short film more than once.
- Earliest completion date: January 1st, 2015
- Competition judges, readers and employees of the BlueCat Screenplay Competition, past and present, and their immediate friends and families are not eligible to enter.
- Previous winners of the BlueCat Screenplay Competition are not eligible.
- Past and present produced scripts consulted on through Gordy Hoffman’s screenplay consultation service or the BlueCat workshops are not eligible.
- Past and present USC and UCLA students of Gordy Hoffman are not eligible.
- Film titles cannot be changed after submission under any circumstances.