2017 CALL FOR ENTRIES
The BlueCat Screenplay Competition, in its 19th year, is now accepting submissions for its 2017 competition.
NOW ACCEPTING PILOTS
Along with accepting feature screenplays and short scripts, BlueCat is very excited to announce we will now be accepting pilot scripts.
WRITTEN ANALYSIS TO ALL ENTRANTS
BlueCat remains committed to the undiscovered writer, and will continue its tradition of providing written analysis on every script submitted.
All entries will be eligible to be resubmitted and receive feedback from their original reader or a new one. (Resubmitted scripts are not eligible for the competition.)
NEW INTERNATIONAL PRIZE
Our new international award, the Fellini Award, will be given to the best feature screenplay by a writer living outside the U.S.
- Feature Screenplay Winner $10,000. Four Feature Finalists will receive $1000 each.
- Short Script Winner $5,000. Four Shorts Finalists will receive $500 each.
- Pilot Winner $5,000. Four Pilot Finalists will receive $500 each.
- The Fellini Award $1000.
- Early Analysis Deadline: All submissions submitted by April 23rd, 2017 will receive their written analysis by May 21st, 2017.
- Regular Deadline: June 1st, 2017. Feature Screenplay $55, Short Script $45, Pilot $50.
- Final Deadline: June 26th, 2017. Feature Screenplay $60, Short Script $50, Pilot $55.
EARLY BIRD FEEDBACK: All submissions submitted by April 23rd, 2017 will receive their written analysis by May 21st, 2017.