2014 BlueCat Screenplay Competition Final Submissions Deadline
In the spirit of our commitment to the development of screenwriters worldwide, the BlueCat Screenplay Competition holds a longstanding tradition of giving written notes to every screenplay submitted. Each Feature screenplay entered receives two analyses, while each Short screenplay receives one.
Students will be eligible to submit their short screenplay at a discounted rate of $29 for the duration of the competition.
This year, BlueCat will accept short screenplays and establishes one of the largest cash prizes in the world for a short screenplay contest, with the winner being awarded $10,000. Three Finalists will be receiving $1500 each. The Grand Prize for the Best Feature Screenplay increased to $15,000.
BlueCat prides itself in its leading reputation as a community for developing screenwriters. We hope these great changes will cement our mission—-to support and develop the undiscovered screenwriter——in all of us, today and days ahead.
Best Feature Screenplay
$15,000 Grand Prize
Best Short Screenplay
$10,000 Grand Prize
The Cordelia Award
Best Feature Screenplay from the UK
The Joplin Award
Best Feature Screenplay from outside the USA, Canada or the UK
Movie Title Contest: Three Winners $250 each
All screenplays entered by August 1 are eligible
Recent achievements by BlueCat Alumni include:
- Aaron Guzikowski’s #1 Film “Prisoners”, starring Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal and Melissa Leo, was released September 2013. The Sundance Channel recently bought Aaron’s TV pilot, “The Descendents”, making it their second scripted show after “Rectify.”
- Young Il Kim’s script, “Rodham”, a 2012 Blacklist Script, recently attached director James Ponsoldt (“The Spectacular Now”). Young recently won the 2013 Alfred P. Sloan Commissioning Grant from Sundance, where he will write a biopic on Stephen Hawking.
- Elijah Wood produced Ana Lily Amipour’s “A Girl Walks Home Alone At Night”, set for release in late 2013.
- Ashleigh Powell sold her script, “SomaCell”, to Warner Brothers, with David Goyer attached to produce.
- “SomaCell”, along with “Rodham”, were two 2012 Blacklist Scripts written by BlueCat Alumni.